Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Growing sprout

Tripp had his 2 week checkup. He has grown 2 inches and gained 25 ounces from his last appointment. The doctor was surprised he had gained that much weight. The last time I was in his office was the day my milk came in and I was completely engorged and had problems trying to feed Tripp the entire day. Since my hormones were completely out of whack I couldn't stop crying especially when the doctor told me that Tripp was down 8% from his birth weight. So when the flood gates opened up in the clinic the doctor didn't know what to do with me so he sent me to the hospital to a lactation consultant. The consultant pumped me and I was fine after that. So that has been the only drama that we've had to go through until he got circumcised. Randy was brave and stayed in the room with him but I had to leave. Randy said that when the procedure was done, Tripp peed across the room and then pooped all over the table. It was hard seeing him cry so much. But afterwards he was completely out for about 3 hours. I think the drugs had something to do with that.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I am surprised they let Rans stay in the room. Our office won't allow parents to stay at all. Seeing your kids in pain is definitely the worst thing ever. Post some more pics of the little dude. I'm sure he's changed a ton so I want to see him.

Kimm said...

I was with my mom when they did brads and she was a wreck, I had to be the brave one who didn't cry. She said the best way to do it is have it done in the hospital!! It is not fun for the poor little guy!!

Sarah and Dan said...

Youch! After all that, all you want to do is hug him all up, huh?! Hopefully, Tripp has already forgotten all about it. I'm convinced doctors do a better job when they are being watched, especially by the patient's parent.

Unknown said...

Good for you for breastfeeding and providing all those ounces! It is way harder than it looks.

Ang said...

Way to go on breastfeeding and not giving up!!! It's way harder at first than anyone tells you! You must be doing a great job with all that weight gain!

Nate went in with Gage when he was circumsized and apparently Gage broke out of the staps that the Dr. had strapped him down with. Nate was so proud. Good thing they don't remember any of that.

Whitney & Charlie said...

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who had troubles breastfeeding or with the flood gates opening up! Nobody ever tells you how painful everything is after labor & delivery, it was harder then I ever imagined to breastfeed. Sounds like Tripp caught on just fine after that!

Kelly Moore said...

HOW ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! He's seriously a cute newborn! I love the name too, except I couldn't have a baby named Tripp because my last name is Moore and it would be the source of endless teasing... but I can enjoy it on other's children! :) Thanks for posting a comment on my blog, it makes me feel special, and I miss you guys... I never did find the peanut butter geocache, was it underwater? email me sometime! scrapbookmomma@gmail.com