The ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (no substitutions) (I usually use 1/4 cup butter to make it more syrup-like, not quite so runny)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk (today I made my own buttermilk by adding 1/2 TBSP vinegar to 1/2 cup milk and let it sit for 5 minutes)
1 Tbs. light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional) (I like the cinnamon-gives it a pretty color, but Randy says cinnamon ruins everything)
Combine butter, sugar, buttermilk, and corn syrup in a large saucepan and stir over medium heat until bubbling evenly. Let cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the baking soda and vanilla (and cinnamon if you want). Stir until blended. The baking soda will fizz. Serve warm with waffles or pancakes. Saves in fridge for up to two weeks.
Now go! Make it right now and either love me or hate me -for starting a new addiction for you;)
1 comment:
;) Gonna do it! haha!
Post a Comment