Wednesday, July 6, 2011

That was totally wicked!!

I told Randy, for his birthday, I was going to buy him tickets to a Backstreet Boys concert. He looked at me and said, "I'd rather go bungee jumping." So we went! On Saturday, we drove to Amboy and jumped off a bridge. It was a gorgeous day! A guy proposed to his girlfriend right before Randy jumped. He got down on his knee and said, "I'd jump off a bridge for you...." Good thing she said yes. He must have been super nervous after the proposal cuz he did not jump the correct way! We had to go through a 10 minute "jump school" before we jumped. And they told us to jump out and dive. This guy jumped feet first and the cord whipped him in the face and cut his eyelid. Poor guy. I messed up in filming Randy's first jump cuz I was taking a picture of him and didn't realize how fast the countdown was going to be. But I got the second jump where they had us jump backwards. And Randy filmed my first jump but messed up on filming my second jump. Aren't we the perfect match? This is Randy before the jump.




I was glad the countdown was so fast once I got onto the tiny platform. If I had to wait one more second, I probably wouldn't have jumped. Mid jump -I started wondering what I was doing, but it was too late at that point. What a rush! I'm pretty sure my eyes were closed 90% of the time, but it was awesome. I think it was easier to jump off the ledge backwards, since I couldn't see what I was doing, but scarier cuz I couldn't see where I was going.









We Survived! Did I mention this is the highest bungee jumping spot in the USA? 200 feet off the ground. They told us we would go about 68 mph downward and about 70 mph up, pretty crazy, eh?




Somewhere in my jumps, I got a rope burn on my forearm. I didn't notice it until we left the bridge. And then it started stinging like crazy. My jaw also felt really sore -most likely from me clenching it the entire time.




Because Randy and I jumped twice, we are now members of the Dangerous Sports club and received a T-shirt and we get discounts on all of our future jumps. Next year, skydiving....

5 comments:

Whitney & Charlie said...

That's funny, and awesome! So you would do it again?! I wonder how long it would take me to finally jump off! at first I thought he really liked the backstreet boys!

T-Lo said...

My favorite part was when your legs were kicking as you were falling.

Karen said...

AWESOME! I might have to join you next time.

Sarah and Dan said...

No thank you. Love the scream though, Tasha!

Angie said...

I'm so jealous! That looks like so much fun!