Monday, March 22, 2010

City Pass

I have to admit, it was pretty fun keeping my pregnancy a secret until 20 weeks. It was funny to see how many people would ask Randy if I was pregnant and he would just feign ignorance about the whole thing. I had a few brave souls who came up to me and asked the dreaded question. I really thought I was going to have a girl. This pregnancy has been completely different than my last one. I was sick for a couple months, extremely emotional about everything, my back already hurts and I'm tired all day, and I want pickles and root beer floats all the time. With Tripp I was never sick until the day before I had him, no back pain, and I wanted cheeseburgers and sausages. It's been interesting to say the least.
Anywho, my dad, Tera, and Brielle came to visit us a couple of weeks ago and we decided to do the city pass. Which is 6 attractions in Seattle for $59 -pretty good deal. The first thing we hit up was the Woodland Park Zoo. It was a beautiful sunny day and a million people wanted to go to the zoo. Good thing we had the city pass so we didn't have to wait in line forever to get in. Tripp absolutely loved the penguins. He was in front of this exhibit for quite awhile.
Next up was the Seattle Aquarium. This pic is just outside of it. We stopped at a sunglasses stand where dad and Tera got some sweet shades.Tripp's favorite thing was these pools where you could touch the sea creatures. I think he mostly liked splashing in the water.
He was a little spooked over these octopus legs though.
One of my favorite pics. If I remember correctly, it was over 12 feet tall. The boys in front of the city We checked out the market and my dad bought us some delicious crab legs.
So we had a Crab leg and enchilada feast for dinner that night. The aftermath In the city pass you have the option of either going to the Experience Music Project (EMP)/Science Fiction Museum or going to the Museum of Flight. We hit up the EMP/Sci-Fi and weren't all that thrilled. I guess you have to be really into science fiction to appreciate this stuff. Here's a couple pics from the Sci-Fi part: Had to get a pic of the ninja turtle cuz they are my favorite
Tripp and Brielle rockin out at the EMP. This double stroller was wonderful to use. I bought it off craigslist for only $25! Tripp and I scrubbed it down and it' just like new, in perfect condition.
We loved this guitar display. It actually extends up into the second story. Major Rockstars More Rocking Action This is at the top of the Space needle.

Randy's excellent photography. He was actually lying on the sidewalk at the base of the Needle to take this pic.
A fountain at the city center
We tried to go to the Pacific Science Center on Tuesday and lo and behold, Tuesday just happens to be the only day it's closed during the winter season.
So Randy, Tripp, and I went back on Saturday to check it out. We loved the moving dinosaurs!
The butterfly exhibit was neat. I got Tripp to hold his hand out and be still. And when a butterfly finally landed on his hand, he freaked and waved it off. It was cute.
Tripp also got to pet a cockroach. Eww!
The only thing we didn't get to do was the 1 hour Argosy cruise. We didn't know there was going to be a St. Patrick's day parade in Seattle and couldn't make it to the port on time. Maybe next time we'll be able to check it out. We had a great time with dad, Tera, and Brielle and can't wait for them to visit with us again!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Fun! I can never keep it quiet when I'm pregnant, so good job!

Brian and Jenny said...

What a way to see Seattle! We will have to do that sometime. Congrats again on the new little addition coming soon.

Bean and Boog said...

I can't believe Tripp pet the cockroach!! Did you touch it too?

Unknown said...

Congrats on having a boy sorry its been a rough pregnancy. Seattle is so cool. Looks like fun