Wednesday, July 22, 2009

1st cut and fair

We finally gave in and cut Tripp's super long baby hair. It makes me feel like he's not my baby anymore, now he's a boy. There's a few butch spots but overall, we don't think it's too bad for his first cut. He cried the whole time the clippers were on and it was difficult to keep him still for Randy. This is how it turned out: My grown up little man

I love his smile in this pic.
We went to the fair last weekend which was pretty neat. Admission was free, we just had to pay $5 for parking and there were several events to watch once we got in . We watched this comedy juggler first. Here he is balancing a stick on his chin with a saw spinning on top while juggling hammers and standing on a balancing board on top of a saw horse. Pretty crazy!
His finale was juggling the flaming torches on top of the enormous unicycle. Randy really wanted to ride this. Randy learned how to ride unicylces when he was in college.
There were also several free kids' activities. We went to the rubber duck fishing event. It was super hot and Tripp loved playing in the water. Randy and I both got sunburned while Tripp walked away with an even darker tan and no sunburn.
Fishing for the perfect duck
We also watched the hypnotist, and when I say we I mean Randy, I was chasing Tripp around the whole time. One of the participants was supposed to by Bruce Lee and he spoke Chinese to us -pretty entertaining. We also watched a comedy act by the Brothers from other Mothers. They were fun to watch and are actually Guiness World Record holders. Tripp was yelling when they were on stage and one of them pointed at him and said, "Ya, I yell like that when I have poopy diapers too." We loved the Diabolo act. Randy learned how to do diabolo in college too and wanted to show them up. A Diabolo is known as a chinese yo-yo and is pretty fun to play with. I'm not very good at it but Randy could do most of their tricks. Here's a short video of them at the end of their routine:


5 comments:

Karen said...

It was like I was looking at a little Randy. What a handsome little dude! I'm coming up the first of september so you guys better plan a weekend stay at mom and dads for labor day.

Tera said...

Oh he does look like a little man. So sad but really cute.

Angie said...

I can't get over how cute that kid is! And it sounds like he inherited Ben's skin tone.

Whitney & Charlie said...

I can't believe you already had to give him his first hair cut, their too young to be growing up!

Emily said...

They should take those cool acts and the free entry fee to the Eastern Idaho State Fair! :)
Love Tripp's hair cut.