So our 3 1/2 year old computer crashed about a week ago. I lost every video clip I have ever made of Tripp and all of our pics from October to April. Randy actually had to reboot the system with a disc and that deleted all of our files. Totally bummed out! Now I feel like I have to make a bunch of movies to make up for what was lost. I was planning on making a "first-year of your life" movie for Tripp, but now I have to compromise.
Now is the time of year that I despise -due to having to search for a job for Randy. Not many positions have opened so far. 3 in fact- Spokane, Moses Lake, and Saipan (Island off of Japan, by Guam). So we have been toying with the idea of living on an island in paradise. We wouldn't be able to take anything with us. A roundtrip plane ticket to Saipan is $2,000. So we wouldn't even be able to come home for 2 years (it's a 2 yr. contract). It's actually US territory and people speak English and use US dollars. So we'll just have to wait and see if Randy gets a "phone-call interview" or if something a bit more local will open up for us. We keep praying for him to get a position, cuz neither of us want to go the substitute teaching route again. Hopefully my next post will have some pics.
9 comments:
You guys should talk to Dan. He's taken Computer Forensic classes on data recovery, etc. He could tell you if you've got a chance at getting your files back.
I'm so sorry about your computer. I'm always afraid of that happening to us. We'll pray for you guys to find a job. I'd hate to see you move away for 2 years! Hope things start looking up for you guys.
Sorry about the pics, that is no fun. Good luck with the job search. We are kind of in the same boat, except no island.
What is Randy's degree in? Is he Elementary... Secondary? I'll keep my ears open and my eyes peeled.
That is so sad you lost all your videos! Good luck with the job hunting!
Dang it on the computer!!! Hopefully you can get something recovered... That is so sad!
Good luck with the job search... It is a terrible time for anyone to be looking for work... We know how much that stinks right now. We'll say lots of prayers for your little family.
It will work out... I know it will.
You still have all your video's that you put up on your blog!
SOOO SAD!!!! I would be just crushed! But hey-Moses hole aint so bad. That's where I grew up! And may someday go back! I likey! :) Have you decided when your having Tripps birfday potty yet??? :)
Love Nichole
That's such a nightmere to lose everything on your computer. I'm so sorry. Good luck with the job hunt. Sometimes Jeff & I want to sale everything that we own, move to Hawaii and carve coconut heads for a living, so the island option sounds kind of good to me. :) (But not for 2 years!!!)
How cute is your son to love ice cream so much! It is yummy!
Post a Comment