Sunday, October 12, 2008

Meeker Mansion

On Saturday, we went to the Meeker Mansion. They were holding their annual "Cider-squeeze" event. There were lots of people making apple cider with these awesome presses. This is a pic of the front of the mansion.

There's Ezra Meeker. He was the first mayor of Puyallup and he travelled the pioneer trail the most times, restored it, and marked it for future generations to enjoy. He was also the Hop king of America.
The apples were pretty much ground up in these presses. There were apple pieces flying everywhere. Juice would go into the bucket at the bottom and they had a strainer over it when they poured them into the jugs.

And this is the strangest part of the whole day. When I took this picture, that ghastly woman wasn't there. But when I uploaded it to my computer, there she was. I think it was Ezra Meeker's wife! SPOOKY!

4 comments:

Garling Ranch said...

Wow! That is quite the tradition, and there are a lot of people there. The last picture is freaky!!!

T-Lo said...

I like how Tripp gets passed back and forth in almost all the pics.

Beth Tunnell said...

Whoa. That ghost is totally trippin' me out. Heya, it was good to see you guys in Leavenworth. We should try to meet more in the middle with the Gaertners again sometime.

Emily said...

That last picture is spooky! I tagged you on my blog, so feel free to do it if you'd like!