Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ai yi yi yi!

I've been training for a half marathon the past few weeks and was feeling a bit discouraged because I'm alot slower this year than I was last year. I figure it's because I had a baby 7 weeks ago and last year I had a running partner. But today I finally had my ipod and totally loved my run and I ran alot faster. I think I looked a bit mental because it was hard to restrain myself from dancing. But I did give in and had to dance to the "Ice cream and cake" song. I doubt I looked as good as Jilly Bean dancing but it was still fun. And I had to laugh when "Unfaithful" by Rihanna came on because I can just hear T-Lo's whiny voice singing -"The story of my life......." So hopefully I'll be ready for the half in October and be able to beat my time from last year.

4 comments:

Beth Tunnell said...

Wow Tash! I ran a mile last night, and I'm worrying about how I'm going to make it to 4... And you are worrying about how fast you run. Oh well. Hope we see you guys in Leavenworth for the run. It's going to be awesome. Thanks for telling me about the relay teams.

Lore Smart said...

leAlright Tasha!!!! It was fun to see you the other morning running. You will be in such great shape by the time Oct. roles around. what an awesome goal after having a baby plus it is nice to have that alone time. We're cheering for you Tasha.

Nichole Gaertner said...

HAHA! you are freaking hilarious ms. tasha! :) I love it! I'm glad your i-pod is working out for you! So... it looks like you got Beth to run the marathon too? Man... what the heck am I doing just sitting around on my fat wha?! haha! good job chicka!

Kelly Moore said...

I'm jelous! I want to come run with you, or at least be on the side lines to hand you water! :) Farkel is super fun, you can look up the rules online by typing "Farkel rules" on google. A farkel is when you roll six dice and don't score anything. It's funny when someone says "oops I farkeled because it sounds like something bad! :)