Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Deklan's birthday

After Tripp's baptism, we invited everyone to our house for lunch and to celebrate Deklan's 6th birthday. We had a ton of sandwiches that we ended up distributing to everyone after the party.
We had an Olympics birthday party which I thought was super fun
#1 request I get from the kids of what they want for their parties is a pinata. So here it is:
 Our first event was decorating a discus (paper plate) and then tossing them. I didn't get a pic of that one. Second event was a soccer goal shootout 
 Third event was shotput throw with bocce balls
 Fourth event was long jump
 The fifth event was a running course where everyone was timed. I didn't get any pics of that, but it was super entertaining to see the adults run the course. Won't ever forget Jordan's somersault to the finish. Classic!
 Last was the pinata. We had so many strong kids that Tripp didn't even get to hit it.


 I loved Baine's one-armed swing. Tripp painted a skull on the back of the pinata.
 Titon was the pinata crusher of the day and we were grateful for Brian manning the pinata string since it broke and he was probably the only one who could reach it.
 As soon as I brought the cake out, Baine stuck his fingers right in it. Such a stinker!
 Deko was spoiled with lots of presents and lots of friends and family at his party.
 We ended the day by watching some Olympic events and a soccer game of Brian Fuller boys vs. Randy Fuller boys.

It was super fun and felt like a success to me!

No comments: