I turned 29 today, woo hoo, right? I have a friend who told me that it all goes downhill after 30, so I plan on living it up this year! My birthday started a day early with Randy surprising me with a gift certificate for a mani/pedi at a salon. I haven't had a manicure since our wedding. I put the fake nails on and everything and the lady told me to never put nails on again since my "nail beds were so pretty." Deal! Those suckers are a pain and are not for me. I chose a nice hot pink color for the polish and then she added glitter. (I'm training for a triathlon and this morning on my 15 mile bike ride I kept looking at my nails cuz as Raidon says, "so pretty!" and I almost crashed.)
But the gifts don't end there, he also scheduled a 1 hour massage and 1 hour facial. -What is a facial? I guess I will find out next week at my appointment. Can you tell I'm not used to being pampered?I made myself this delicious German Chocolate cheesecake cake for my birthday. Yes, you heard right. Delicious sugary fatness, but hey, it's my birthday and time to indulge. Too bad my family only ate 1 small row of this sweet concoction. This tempting thing needs to leave my home immediately!
And apparently I'm 4 today, according to candles :)
And please ignore the bags under my eyes, I have been getting up at 6:30 every morning for the triathlon training and am feeling exhausted. Here's to a great year!



No comments:
Post a Comment