Saturday, June 7, 2014

He's finally here!

Despite all the stress and torment my family has been subjected to these past few months we managed to have a healthy baby boy on Monday, June 2nd. This guy apparently wanted to write his own "entering the world" story because this pregnancy and delivery was completely different than my other babies. First he was overdue by 4 days. I have never gone over my due date before. That morning I had just scheduled an appointment to be induced on Wednesday -I guess I should have scheduled it a long time ago if that's all it took to get him out.  
 I started having really strong contractions while I was showing an apartment. It was tough to put on my best face during that showing. Once I got home, I tried to do a little more work for the apartments on the computer, but the contractions were super strong and 3 minutes apart so I told Randy that it was time to go to the hospital. He couldn't reach people to watch our kids and he finally had to go pick up cousin Jordan and bring him to our home so we could go. While Randy was gone, Raidon decided to run into me and head-butt me in the belly, Deko needed help in the bathroom, Tripp was laughing at my agonizing faces, and Raidon needed a diaper change. No rest for me!
 We arrived at the hospital at 6:15pm and Baby was born at 7pm. Yeah, way too fast. Don't you just love it when the nurses don't believe anything you say. Once we got there we told them that my babies come fast and that I needed an epidural 20 minutes ago. They continued to take their time and not listen to me. Needless to say, this was my first NATURAL birth. I don't recommend them. I'm still a bit traumatized by the whole experience. Once they put me in the delivery room and finally got the anesthetist in the room, they decided I would only have time for a spinal. They rolled me on my side and the guy cleaned my back and that's when the contractions got out of control and my water broke. I felt him shift completely down and of course I was screaming my head off. The nurses yelled at me to stop pushing, but I wasn't. I could feel my body pushing the baby out and I had no control over it.-I couldn't stop it. At one point the nurse grabbed my shoulders, told me to stop screaming, that I was going to have a natural birth, and that I would feel amazing in 20 minutes. What in the world is she smoking? I somehow missed the amazing feeling part, because all I felt was drained and exhausted. Baby came out in 2 pushes. All wrinkly from being cooked for too long. 8 lbs 2 oz and 21 inches long. A sweet healthy baby boy. 
 We were still undecided on a name. So we wrote several names on the white board in our room and every time a nurse came in, we had them vote for their favorite. One nurse kept popping in just to see the score. The winner was Baine Dermond. In Hawaiian, it means long-awaited child. It was so fitting for our sweet baby B! All this baby wants to do is eat. Tripp has been a great helper in that department. He is an awesome big brother. Deklan loves the baby too and Raidon loves to poke him. 
We feel so happy and blessed to have this sweet spirit in our home! Thank you to everyone who has brought meals or helped with my children this past week. It means a lot to my family and I found that last night in my prayers I felt so overwhelmed with the love that everyone has shown us and so blessed to live here. Even though the never-ending lawsuit nightmare isn't over, I know my Heavenly Father loves us and knows our needs and I have no doubt that we will get through this trial as well. Again Thank you for your prayers and support!

6 comments:

Matt and Carla said...

Oh my goodness, so happy for you and your sweet family!!! Baine looks like a charmer~ oh the memories of a pregnancy and delivery...this is one for the books!

Brian and Jenny said...

What a day to remember! I wouldn't have been a happy camper. Way to be such a Trooper! Congratulations on little Baine! We want to come see him and you! Glad you are home, safe and sound. Good luck recovering. Hopefully it goes smooth and quick. Love ya!

Brian and Jenny said...

So happy for you guys! I'm so glad he is here and that the long pregnancy is over. You were a trooper through the delivery. NO epidural, I would have been a very unhappy camper! Glad everyone is ok. WE can't wait to meet this little one! Love you guys!

Craig and Stephanie said...

We are so happy for you and your family!! He is adorable! Please let us know if we can help with anything!

Tera said...

Oh man! I want to hold that little punk! He's pretty cute and tiny. :)

Rob and Kali said...

Congrats guys. Sorry it has been so long since we have been in touch. We are expecting #6 in September. Next time you are over here in Idaho you will have to come and visit. Give us a call some time. 208-716-6151.