Our ward held an adult Valentine Prom on Saturday and it was awesome! I was super excited because I didn't get to go to my prom in High School. (I went to Washington to watch Randy in a play instead:) I had so much fun getting ready for the dance. It took me awhile to find this dress. I found it at a real high-end, expensive store. I think you know where I'm talking about..........The D.I.! I paid a whopping $6 for this dress. When I tried it on in the dressing room, Tripp told me that I looked like an angel. (Yes, I needed Tripp to zip up my dress, is that weird?) Another neat fact about this dress is that it is handmade. So, yes, it was made with love. Randy borrowed this sweet tux from Mike. So we didn't have to spend much on our clothes.
Tina played "mom" and took pics of us before the dance. Randy even got me a corsage. I am so spoiled! He also took me out to a nice restaurant for dinner. And people could not stop staring at us the whole time, it was getting a little awkward.
I believe this was the dance to Cotton-eyed Joe. We did so many group dances that it's hard to remember which one I took a pic of. You can see in the background a red backdrop -that's where we had our pictures taken. I should get those pics soon. I remember wishing that the night would never end, it was that much fun! Randy and I danced the night away and didn't leave until after 10pm -which is a late night for us, since we still had to pick up our kids and put them to bed.
There was also a table set up to vote for awards in different categories. There were things like best dressed, cutest couple, most dangerous driver, most likely to become president, best dancer, most dramatic, and Prom King and Queen. Which one do you think we won?
5 comments:
That's so fun! I could never get DB to do something like that with me. Congrats on being king and queen!
You look so Beautiful!!! Looks like you had a blast. I wish our ward would do something like that...Ben is so hawt all dressed up and we'd have so much fun.
Aw Tasha!!! You look amazing!!! I love it- and am super uber jealous friend!!! :) Happy valentines day!
Awww, that's so cool that you got to have your first prom! You guys are awesome.
That looks like a blast! I wish our ward/community did something like this! Maybe next year...You look so beautiful in your dress!
Post a Comment