Saturday, December 24, 2011

Blessings in abundance

Merry Christmas Everyone! 2011 was good for our family. We feel so blessed. We had a few changes to our lives this year. The best one being Randy's job with an amazing boss. He enjoys going to work and it's a full-time steady job! A million times better than being a sporadic substitute teacher. It was hard for me, having Randy give up his teaching dream (I was looking forward to vacationing all summer long). But this was a wonderful opportunity for him and he's really good at it. He works for MYCO as a broker. He buys and sells medical laboratory equipment to clinics and hospitals.

Another change we had was moving into a teeny tiny apartment to become assistant managers at the complex. I never knew how whiny people could actually be until I moved here. But it has been a very interesting learning experience for my family. Tripp actually enjoys helping me pick up garbage around the complex and gets mad at people who litter.

Tripp turned 3. He is a wild, athletic boy! He loves to wrestle Daddy and Deklan. He loves learning and preschool too. And he says the best prayers ever. (Sometimes blessing daddy to play Halo) He is a good brother to Deklan. He always tries to console him every time he cries.

Deklan turned 1. He is my master of disaster. He can get into just about everything. He always looks back at us and smiles when he knows he is doing something naughty. He likes to take stuff from me so I will chase him around the island in the kitchen. He loves his Trippy and wants to do everything he does.

I enjoy being a stay-at-home mommy everyday. I love being able to play with my boys whenever I want to. I am grateful for Randy and his willingness to support our little family.

Wishing all of you the best for 2012! Because you know that my family is going to rock it!

1 comment:

Nichole Gaertner said...

Aw- you guys look so good and so happy! I miss you! I can't believe how big the boys are getting. Baby Lyndi will be here soon... and then we'll be able to visit and entertain more. You will definitely have to come visit our home! :)