Friday, September 16, 2011

Let me tell you...

You may think you have the best boss in the world, but no worries, I'll correct you. Because Randy has the BEST boss ever! Last week he paid for our family to have our pictures taken. And the lady got my rotten boys to smile for the camera -it's hard to get them to smile at the same time. And then he took everyone in the office on a retreat to a beautiful beach house. We got there before anyone else and got a grand tour of the place. Randy also picked out the best bedroom in the house for us. A king size bed with a bathroom with a jacuzzi right off of it. This home is awesome. My favorite part was the outside shower to rinse all the sand off of us before we went into the house. The first night we were there we stayed up late playing games with everyone. My favorite was "I never..." Where someone says something they have never done and if anyone has done it, they have to get up and switch chairs. Last one standing is "it." I got to learn some interesting things about Randy's coworkers and their spouses. The funniest of all was when we learned that one of the men has worn women's underwear.Bryan's daughter has been in major pranking mode ever since she got back from girl's camp. So one morning after we ate breakfast, we found this in our room:
This is Cameron. He was a good buddy for my boys.











Tripp got to go with everyone and dig for clams. I stayed in the house while Deko was napping and Randy was out on a crazy 4-wheeler adventure with the boys.
Randy and Ben playing Ladder golf. The water was right in the backyard. It was beautiful. The word "perfect" came to mind several times while we were there.












Ben brought his boat and gave Randy and Deko a ride.



Look at this little surfing goof ball!



This guy has taken about 7 steps in a row so far. I think he'll be running around soon.



Future Football Star?



I know there aren't any pics of me, but I promise I was there. It was fun and beautiful. Randy and I both commented on how relaxed it was. We were very comfortable with everyone that it felt more like a family reunion. And after we got home, we had only a day and a half to pack up and go to Ocean Shores for a week. The owners of Randy's company let us stay in their condo right on the beach for a week for free. It was amazing! Check post below to see all the fun we had.

3 comments:

Sarah and Dan said...

Nice trips! Sounds fun, and I'm glad to see that the sun shown down on your stay. Randy works with a Ben and a Bryan? How weird is that?! What is with the sand-eating? After one taste, you'd think he'd look for something else to chew on. Silly boy!

Unknown said...

Hurray for generous bosses~!!!!!

Nichole Gaertner said...

Yes friend, you are very spoiled! :) How awesome to have had this opportunity and to feel that close to your co-workers. That is such a blessing! Glad you had fun!!! :)