Tuesday, April 5, 2011

B & A fools

Who doesn't like before and after pics? So here is our island when we moved in: And after we painted it (you might also notice that I actually have a stove in this pic. The first week we lived here we didn't have one): Some chairs I bought off craigslist (they smelled horrible, the cushions were nasty and the fabric was ripped on some of them):
This was our first reupholstering project and it was really fun. I also put a coat of stain on the chairs. And these last 2 pics are of my April fools jokes. These fun little hamburgers are actually Nilla wafers, grasshopper cookies, red & yellow frosting, and sesame seeds. They were fun and delicious.
And for dinner we had CAKE! This is meatloaf with mashed potato "frosting." I got the idea from this blog. It has some really good recipes. I've tried quite a few of them and they have all been amazing and they are pretty easy to follow. Thanks for blogging about it Jen!

2 comments:

AstonM said...

Everything looks great Tasha! I wish I was a little more domestic. I have chairs that need to be reupholstered. Maybe I'll give it a try.

And those cookies are cute as can be, might steal the idea sometime.

Sarah and Dan said...

Don't know why Randy didn't want me coming over to check out all your hard work on Sunday! He's so bossy. Looks good, Tasha!